At ZEN our recruitment decisions are driven by our Culture and our SHARED Values; Safety, Honour, Agility, Respect for the Individual, Empowerment and Delivery.
ZEN Culture is generally characterised by:
- Friendliness, flexibility, informal but very professional working environment.
- Flat organisation, with easily accessible top management.
- Networking to get the job done, not hierarchy.
- Mainly informal, desk-side, standing, to-the-point meetings.
- Minimalism and results orientation i.e. fewer steps to safe and good quality execution – if a process can be done safely and effectively in 3 steps, we won’t design a 4-step process; if a policy can be effectively communicated in one page, we don’t do it in 3 pages; if a one-line email will suffice, we don’t do spreadsheets.
- Not too many rules but strict enforcement of the few we have, especially regarding standards, safety and compliance.
- Pragmatism – very few organisations value and balance technical/management skills and common sense like we do.
WHO SUCCEEDS AT ZEN?
If you find pride and immense satisfaction in your work, are relentless in the pursuit of safe and efficient delivery, and don’t wait or need to be told what to do because you can make good use of the empowerment that comes with our culture, you will thrive in ZEN.
If you see yourself in the narrative above, then we invite you to explore the exciting career options within our growing business and discover how you can make a difference at ZEN while advancing your career.